For Native American Heritage Month, Chief of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion DeWayne Street invited Tracy Edwards, a special education teacher at Akin Elementary, to speak about her journey and the significance of the month.Read More
Category: Podcast: On the Street
The On the Street podcast is an opportunity to continue the conversation around educational access and to highlight our efforts around increasing cultural competency for Leander ISD staff. Our work is about bringing people into the conversation and increasing dialectical practice.
In the inaugural podcast for the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – On the Street: A #1LISD Journey – DeWayne Street, the Chief of DEI, invited the recently hired principal for River Ridge Elementary, Dr. Sally Sosa, to speak about her journey and the significance of Hispanic Heritage Month.Read More
- The Compass: Dec. 6, 2023
- 2023–24 Academic Calendar Approved; 2024–25 Drafted
- LISD Releases 3rd Scenario in Elementary Attendance Zoning
- District Develops and Presents New Elementary Attendance Zoning Recommendation
- Board Briefs: Nov. 30, 2023
- 2022-23 Academic Calendar is set
- 2024-25 Academic Calendar Feedback Requested
Recent Instagram Posts
- LISD Superintendent Advocates for Public Schools
- Welcome Back, #1LISD!
- Congratulations, Class of 2023!
- Learning in Action: River Ridge Elementary
- Learning in Action: Faubion Elementary
- A Conversation Between LISD Board President & Superintendent About Repurposing Facilities
- Learning in Action: Bagdad Elementary