Trustees approved the 2022–23 calendar, bringing to a close an extensive, community-focused process. The big changes for the new calendar include the removal of the Wednesday early release days, which turned into extra full days of non-instructional / professional development days, and a later start to the school year.
Key features of the calendar include:
- First day of school is Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2022 (one week later than 2021-22)
- Last day of school is Friday, May 26, 2023 (before Memorial Day)
- Two dedicated teacher workdays incorporated into the schedule before school starts
- Continuous Improvement Conference: Oct. 10-11
- Student early release days for teacher work time: Dec. 16, May 26
- Staff development days during the school year will balance new learning with teacher planning and collaboration time: Sept. 26, Nov. 8, Jan. 2, Feb. 20, March 20, April 10
The calendar adoption process included a community survey and community listening sessions in November and early December.