Leander ISD Chief of DEI Dewayne Street invited three women in district leadership to share their journey and to reflect on the importance of Women’s History Month and how it has impacted them.Read More
At its Dec. 16 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees reviewed a districtwide attendance zoning exercise to balance school enrollments, discussed 2022–23 budget parameters and academic calendar feedback, and considered the next steps in creating an Early College High School program.Read More
Dec 17, 2021 | New Hires
Accomplished diversity and equity leader DeWayne Street will become the district’s first Chief of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Street comes to Leander ISD from Round Rock ISD where he served in the same inaugural role.Read More
Aug 6, 2021 | Board Briefs
Voters will determine how the district keeps up with rapid student enrollment growth after the LISD Board of Trustees called for a November bond election. Trustees also approved the student code of conduct, discussed a potential district equity policy and reviewed recent state legislation’s effects on district finances.Read More
- Welcome Back, #1LISD!
- Congratulations, Class of 2023!
- Learning in Action: River Ridge Elementary
- Learning in Action: Faubion Elementary
- A Conversation Between LISD Board President & Superintendent About Repurposing Facilities
- Learning in Action: Bagdad Elementary
- Learning in Action: Westside Elementary