The Special Education Department of the Leander Independent School District is preparing to destroy personally identifiable information which was maintained to provide educational services for qualifying students. This information includes referral data, notice/consent documents, assessment reports with supporting data, ARD committee deliberations and IEP documents. Records are destroyed 7 years after cessation of services. Cessation of services results when a student graduates, is dismissed from Special Education Services, moves out of district or drops out of school. Records currently being destroyed are for Special Education students whose services ceased in the 2011-2012 school years. Parents/Guardians of these students or the adult student (aged 18 or over), may contact the Special Education Department at 512-570-0328 before November 01, 2019 should they wish to obtain the record being destroyed. These records may be needed in the future for Social Security benefits or other purposes.
- 2023–24 Academic Calendar Approved; 2024–25 Drafted
- LISD Releases Third Scenario in Elementary Attendance Zoning
- Off-Campus Physical Education Guidelines Update
- Early College HS Opens Enrollment for 2024–25 School Year
- 2024-25 Academic Calendar Feedback Requested
- Gratitude Abounds: A Heartfelt Message of Thanks
- Community Feedback Guides the Release of a 2nd Scenario for Elementary Attendance Rezoning
Recent Instagram Posts
- LISD Superintendent Advocates for Public Schools
- Welcome Back, #1LISD!
- Congratulations, Class of 2023!
- Learning in Action: River Ridge Elementary
- Learning in Action: Faubion Elementary
- A Conversation Between LISD Board President & Superintendent About Repurposing Facilities
- Learning in Action: Bagdad Elementary