On Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017, the Leander ISD Educational Excellence Foundation delivered grants to a number of schools in the district through the foundation’s seasonal grant patrol, distributing more than $10,000.
Included in this grant patrol were the following staff members:
- Leander ISD Admin: Becky Calzada — ReThink It: What’s Next for Leander ISD Libraries?
- Rouse High School: Sylvia Wood — FRC Robotics
- Parkside Elementary: Roxanne Youngblood — Big Books for Shared Reading!
- Vista Ridge High School: Katy Dougharty — AP Blackout Studio
- Reed Elementary: Mina Kang — Incorporating Multi-Sensory Teaching Strategies for Students with Autism, ADHD, and other Developmental Disabilities
- Reed Elementary: Susan Hansen — Spanish Poetry Festival
- Reed Elementary: Richard Huey — Bridging the Gap Between School and Community For Students with Special Needs
- Cedar Park High School: Michael Kalb — FRC Robotics
- Cedar Park High School: Debby Barnes — Learning Breaks out of the Box!
- Leander High School: Amanda Cordes — Cricut Machine
- Leander High School: Emily Veraa — Microscopic Views
- Glenn High School: Arturo Lomeli — Hombres de Honor
- Grandview Hills Elementary: Dee Porter — Guided Reading Professional Books
- Vandegrift High School: Irad Allen, Tamany Wendel, Joe Adrian — FRC Robotics