At Bagdad Elementary, you can’t help but notice how much students can switch back and forth from English to Spanish. Referred to as “translanguaging,” this practice offers a unique perspective into the culture of Bagdad. This dual-language campus gives students more confidence in more ways than speaking. A full-on display unfurls with Ballet Folklorico. The adopt-a-wall program helps students celebrate diversity of all kinds. Watch this Campus Connection and see how students are supporting one another in vibrant ways!
- Learning in Action: River Ridge Elementary
- Learning in Action: Faubion Elementary
- A Conversation Between LISD Board President & Superintendent About Repurposing Facilities
- Learning in Action: Bagdad Elementary
- Learning in Action: Westside Elementary
- Learning in Action: Cypress Elementary
- Learning in Action: Plain Elementary