At Bagdad Elementary, you can’t help but notice how much students can switch back and forth from English to Spanish. Referred to as “translanguaging,” this practice offers a unique perspective into the culture of Bagdad. This dual-language campus gives students more confidence in more ways than speaking. A full-on display unfurls with Ballet Folklorico. The adopt-a-wall program helps students celebrate diversity of all kinds. Watch this Campus Connection and see how students are supporting one another in vibrant ways!
Recent Instagram Posts
- On the Street: A Culture of Voting & the State of Public Education
- Annual Employee Engagement Survey Opens Feb. 12
- LISD Superintendent Advocates for Public Schools
- Learning in Action: New Hope High School
- Welcome Back, #1LISD!
- Congratulations, Class of 2023!
- Learning in Action: River Ridge Elementary