Pleasant Hill Elementary School

Opened in the fall of 2004, Leander ISD’s 14th elementary school — Pleasant Hill Elementary School — is named after the Pleasant Hill community and its Pleasant Hill School. Pleasant Hill was founded in 1857 about five miles from Leander, off of what is now CR 272. The original Pleasant Hill School shared its building with the community’s Presbyterian Church. Over the next 70 years, the Pleasant Hill community gradually faded away, causing the school district to consolidate with Leander ISD in 1928.

Pleasant Hill Elementary School’s first classes of incoming students selected their school’s mascot – the Husky – and its school colors: burgundy, blue and white.