On Monday, April 17 the Long-Range Planning Committee (LRPC) met to update the committee’s mission, expand membership opportunities and outline roles and responsibilities while evaluating the previous work of the committee. Members faced a packed agenda and tackled each of the following items:
- Review and edit the proposed LRPC Charter
- Update the Long-Range Plan document to reflect recent community feedback and LRPC suggestions
- Collect feedback on Transfer Exceptions and Athletic Eligibility Guidelines under Secondary Rezoning
- Evaluate Secondary Zoning Feedback from community forums
- Analyze the success of secondary zoning development criteria as outlined in the Charter for Secondary School Zoning for Relief.
- Organize LRPC Subcommittees
- Schools of Choice policy review/development
- Considerations for repurposing
- Community Learning Workshops
On April 4, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees held a special-called meeting, which showed the need for reciprocal communication regarding repurposing campuses. Details can be found in Board Briefs and a video featuring a conversation between LISD Board President Trish Bode and Superintendent Gearing reflecting on what happened during the meeting.
An update of the committee’s work will be presented to the Board on April 27.