LISD School and Community Relations staff teamed up to tell the #StoryofMason Elementary on Friday. Students and staff showcased multiple programs and lessons at the International Baccalaureate (IB) campus, including:
- A canned food drive action project;
- A “Be Sweet to Others” service project where students gave up their Valentine’s Day celebration in favor of helping the homeless;
- A study of music and dance through different eras, including the scientific and cultural aspects that made them unique;
- Mindfulness exercises to help students maintain focus and attention; and
- Early childhood education and special education collaboration.
To view highlights of the day at Mason, just use the hashtag #StoryofMason on Twitter. Thanks to the amazing students and staff at Mason for helping LISD staff spotlight their amazing school!