LISD School and Community Relations staff teamed up to tell the #StoryofMason Elementary on Friday. Students and staff showcased multiple programs and lessons at the International Baccalaureate (IB) campus, including:
- A canned food drive action project;
- A “Be Sweet to Others” service project where students gave up their Valentine’s Day celebration in favor of helping the homeless;
- A study of music and dance through different eras, including the scientific and cultural aspects that made them unique;
- Mindfulness exercises to help students maintain focus and attention; and
- Early childhood education and special education collaboration.
To view highlights of the day at Mason, just use the hashtag #StoryofMason on Twitter. Thanks to the amazing students and staff at Mason for helping LISD staff spotlight their amazing school!
Watch on YouTube
View all photos and video clips from our Mason School Takeover on the LISD photo website.