Summertime is bringing more than just the sunshine. We have a couple more episodes of Let’s...Read More
Category: LTLHF with Bruce
About Let's Learn with Bruce & Friends
While our buildings were closed during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic, we created a live Facebook and YouTube broadcast for our district leadership team to connect with families and the community. Superintendent Bruce Gearing, Ed.D. talks about the most important topics of the week. He invites experts from our Leander ISD staff to speak on the Hot Topics. We share a story or interview from a school. We respond to our audience's questions. Then, we close every show with a performance from a school, staff member, or student.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Facebook Live?
Facebook is the best place for engaging our most active social media followers. It's got an intuitive interface for submitting comments and questions during the episode.
Why YouTube Live?
YouTube allows us a venue where people could choose to watch the episode on the smart TV or via an external device on their TV, like a Roku, Fire Stick, or Apple TV.
What if I don't have Facebook?
Where can I watch if I miss the broadcast?
We share the episodes on the Leander ISD Podcast Network and on our Leander ISD YouTube channel after every episode. We also cut highlights to share with our community after the episode on social media. You can access the podcast link and YouTube in the episode's article on our website.
May 18, 2020
As we count down the days to the end of the school year, we have to admit this has been among the most challenging we’ve ever experienced. Through it all, we see our community’s resilience and dedication to being well-informed. That’s why we love sharing our show “Let’s Learn with Bruce & Friends” with you. Episode 9 is coming your way Wednesday at 4:30 pm on Facebook and YouTube!Read More
Apr 27, 2020
During Wednesday’s show, we fielded lots of questions about remote learning and our future, which included our finances and hiring outlook moving forward. We also heard from a student panel from Cedar Park High School’s broadcast journalism program. We put a bow on the show with a positively delightful performance from Reed Elementary teachers and staff!Read More
- 2023–24 Academic Calendar Approved; 2024–25 Drafted
- The Compass: Dec. 6, 2023
- Board Briefs: Nov. 30, 2023
- LISD Releases 3rd Scenario in Elementary Attendance Zoning
- Early College HS Opens Enrollment for 2024–25 School Year
- 2022-23 Academic Calendar is set
- 2024-25 Academic Calendar Feedback Requested
Recent Instagram Posts
- LISD Superintendent Advocates for Public Schools
- Welcome Back, #1LISD!
- Congratulations, Class of 2023!
- Learning in Action: River Ridge Elementary
- Learning in Action: Faubion Elementary
- A Conversation Between LISD Board President & Superintendent About Repurposing Facilities
- Learning in Action: Bagdad Elementary