Superintendent Bruce Gearing, Ed.D., Executive Director of Special Programs and Services Kimberly Waltmon, LISD Board members and Project SEARCH staff were amongst those in attendance as diplomas were awarded to seven LISD students at the SELF Project SEARCH graduation Tuesday, May 16 at Ascension Seton Northwest Hospital in Austin.
“We are incredibly proud of the accomplishments of our Project Search graduates,” Waltmon said. “It is an honor to celebrate the work skills, independence and self-determination they have gained through this program and through their experiences in LISD. Congrats Graduates!”
SELF Project SEARCH is a branch of LISD’s 18+ Continuum program. All seven graduates will go on to paid employment at area businesses. Two of the five LISD students will be employed at Seton Northwest, while the other three will work at businesses throughout the greater Cedar Park/Leander community.
The seven graduating students from Leander ISD are:
- Markus Ribback – hired by Ascension Seton in the Sterile Processing Department
- Tyler Bell – HEB, Leander
- Kirk Frantz – Interviewing with Seton
- Princess Zoe Corn – Mighty Fine, Cedar Park
- Anaise Gonzalez – Seton Northwest Sterile Processing and OR
- Jia Williams – Sagebrook Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Trevor Torres – Randall’s, Cedar Park
The goal of Project SEARCH is for every student with a disability to be employed at least 16 hours per week once they complete this year-long program.
Congratulations to these students on a job well done!