This is an ongoing issue and response by Leander ISD. As we continue to get new information and make new decisions, the content of this article may be outdated. Please visit our COVID-19 webpage for the most up-to-date news and announcements.
Leander ISD will continue to suspend normal school operations through April 13, aligning with the Travis and Williamson county shelter-in-place orders. We are taking this action to support the global effort to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
LISD will transition into Phase Two of our remote learning and building closure plan starting April 6. This next phase will include changes to our remote learning for students and our remote work procedures for all staff.
We will release more details regarding Phase 2 on Wednesday, April 1.
Reminder about what to expect the week of March 30 – April 3
Our operations and remote learning will continue next week as they have this past week.
For students services, we will continue to:
- connect teachers with their students and parents through familiar, communication tools;
- offer instructional materials and opportunities to reinforce existing learning without requiring grades or assignments; and
- provide student breakfast and lunch service at four locations, Monday through Friday.
For employees, we will continue to:
- pay all full-time and part-time staff members;
- ask salary/contract/exempt employees to work remotely; and
- offer essential, hourly employees (such as child nutrition, custodial, and maintenance) premium pay.
Thank you for your patience and support during this challenging time and best wishes for a safe and restful weekend.