This week, Leander ISD celebrates and thanks Child Nutrition Services (CNS) employees for continuously providing every student with access to healthy and nutritious meals. From preparing meals for thousands of students on a daily basis to navigating nutritional guidelines and dietary restrictions, these employees work hard to provide crucial services for the LISD community.
“I would like to thank all the child nutrition employees for their dedication and compassion as they serve the students of Leander ISD,” CNS Director Suzi David said. “These employees definitely have a ton on their plate. Thank you to all CNS staff for the amazing job you do each day.”
By the Numbers
- CNS serves about 3,000 pounds of apples every day.
- CNS serves 50,000 slices of pizza a month
- This year, CNS is has started offering smoothie bowls and six different local-to-Texas fresh fruits and vegetables
- CNS serves three million cartons of milk each year
- Since August, CNS has served 635,120 breakfast and lunch meals
There are currently 200 CNS employees in LISD. These seven CNS employees have served LISD for the longest:
- Julia Bonin, Glenn High School: 27 years with LISD
- Carol LaChance, Cypress Elementary: 26 years with LISD
- Leonidesa Glover, Leander High School: 21 years with LISD
- Maria Benitez, Running Brushy Middle School: 21 years with LISD
- Reta Salazar, Patricia Wright and Teresa Mireles: 20 years with LISD
Take this week to show the CNS employees at your school some extra gratitude!