It was a spectacular night for the performing arts at the 6th Annual Greater Austin High School Musical Theater Awards. Rouse High School’s rendition of Bring it On The Musical was nominated for nine awards, and Leander High School’s production of Thoroughly Modern Millie received eight nominations.
By the end of the evening, Rouse walked away with three awards:
- Best Direction – Rouse High School – Bring It On The Musical
- Best Lighting Design – Rouse High School – Bring It On The Musical
- Best Musical Direction – Rouse High School – Bring It On The Musical
Leander took two awards:
- Best Production – Leander High School – Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Best Actress in a Leading Role – Caroline Holmes, Leander High School – Thoroughly Modern Millie
Attendees were treated to special performances from the nominated groups in all 15 categories.
Also, Kaitlyn Tatum (RHS) was awarded a College Scholarship, and Will Ingram (RHS) won a full scholarship to Texas Arts Project camp this summer. Together they received over $5,500 in scholarship money.