ES30 is located in the northwest part of the district, near Devine Lake Park close to the intersection of Bagdad Road and San Gabriel Parkway in Leander. Funded through as the result of savings from 2017 and 2007 bonds, the school broke ground in May 2023 and is scheduled to open in August 2024.
A committee from the anticipated ES30 attendance zone will review and select namesake options for the Board of Trustees. We plan to bring a recommendation to the Dec. 16 Board of Trustees meeting.
Per policy CW (Local), a new building shall be named for one of the following:
- Historical or geographical site or community;
- Deceased, significant individual;
- Local, state, or national historical event or place;
- Significant state or national figure; or
- A person who has made a significant contribution to education in the District.
Historical or Geographic Event or Place
If the nominated name is of a historical or geographic site, the name submitted shall be accompanied by a written rationale and/or a description of the significance of the name.
Qualified Individual or Person
If the nominated name is of an individual, the name submitted shall be accompanied by a written rationale and/or a description of the named person’s accomplishments. Each name nominated shall fulfill the following criteria:
- The nominee shall be widely respected, regardless of any partisan affiliation.
- The nominee shall be a person of character who embodies a wholesome image that would be expected to stand the test of time.
- The nominee shall have a background of service to people of the District, Texas, and/or the United States.