Leander ISD will be hosting several informational workshops that cover the Human Sexuality Curriculum presented by Austin LifeGuard (ALG), an independent organization that provides abstinence-based curriculum presentations to students in grades 7-9 as part of the health curriculum. Information about the ALG curriculum, the presentation schedules and the informational workshops can be found by visiting the Leander ISD Human Sexuality Curriculum webpage.
The ALG informational workshops are designed to give parents helpful tips for communicating with their children (grades 7-9) about human sexuality, allow them to review the district curriculum, explore statistics from health officials and ask questions of Austin LifeGuard and LISD staff.
|6 p.m.||Nov. 2, 2016||Henry Middle School|
|6 p.m.||Nov. 29, 2016||Canyon Ridge Middle School|
|6 p.m.||March 7, 2017||Vista Ridge High School|
|6 p.m.||April 6, 2017||Stiles Middle School|
- Participation in the human sexuality curriculum is voluntary. Parents or legal guardians have the ability to “opt out” their student from the lesson by returning the form found at this link Human Sexuality Curriculum webpage or with written request. Notification letters will be provided for parents three weeks prior to the lesson.
Parents or legal guardians will be provided an opportunity to preview the curriculum documents and teaching materials at school by contacting your student’s teacher, guidance counselor or Kendra Shaffer, email@example.com, at the district office for information about this process. In addition, Austin LifeGuard Curriculum can be requested to be previewed via the internet by going to the ALG website.
|ALG Presentation for 7th Grade:
ALG Presentation for 8th Grade:
- Canyon Ridge MS — March 6-8, 2017
- Cedar Park MS — April 17-19, 2017
- Four Points MS — March 20-22, 2017
- Henry MS — April 3-5, 2017
- Leander MS — March 23-27, 2017
- Running Brushy MS — May 30-June 1, 2017
- Stiles MS — April 11-13, 2017
- Wiley MS — May 30-June 1, 2017
|ALG Presentation for 9th Grade: