Construction and capital renewal projects will continue as the Trustees acted on the following projects:
- resurfacing the track at Cedar Park High School, Four Points Middle School and Henry Middle School;
- replacing water heaters at Bagdad, Cypress and Reagan elementary schools, and Cedar Park High School;
- replacing deteriorated vinyl composition tile (VCT) in LEO Phase II;
- cleaning and sealing the exterior walls at Running Brushy Middle School and the Science Materials Center; and
- replacing carpet at Naumann Elementary School.
The Board also approved the Cedar Park Middle School HVAC updates and security upgrades. Both projects were approved by voters as part of the 2017 Bond.
“Keeping our facilities in top condition and ready to positively impact our students’ learning is what our major maintenance plan is all about,” said Board President Aaron Johnson. “This is just one more way that Leander ISD is positioning itself to grow responsibly and efficiently.”