While Peyton Johnson helped build a labyrinth in the Grandview Hill Elementary School courtyard, she is not lost. A fifth-grade student in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) school in Austin, Peyton has embraced the school’s focus on mindfulness, leading students in meditation exercises and helping to create spaces for personal reflection and calmness through the school. Hear Peyton talk to Chief Communications Officer Corey Ryan in this interview, recorded on March 6, 2020, as part of our Student Voice podcast.
- Campus Connections: Akin Elementary
- American Education Week: Nov. 15-19, 2021
- Vandegrift Claims Silver Medal at UIL State Marching Band Contest, Vista Ridge Notches State Finalist Honors
- Campus Connection: Steiner Ranch Elementary School
- LISD Bands Dominate UIL 5A State Marching band competition
- Maintenance Appreciation Week: Nov. 1-5, 2021
- I Love Our #1LISD: Meet Carrie Breshnehen