While Peyton Johnson helped build a labyrinth in the Grandview Hill Elementary School courtyard, she is not lost. A fifth-grade student in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) school in Austin, Peyton has embraced the school’s focus on mindfulness, leading students in meditation exercises and helping to create spaces for personal reflection and calmness through the school. Hear Peyton talk to Chief Communications Officer Corey Ryan in this interview, recorded on March 6, 2020, as part of our Student Voice podcast.
- Teachers clean out empty classrooms as LISD school year comes to a close
- Trustees Recognize Outstanding students, staff
- Episode 7: Let’s Learn With Bruce & Friends
- LISD provides meals to students even with campuses closed
- Student Voice: Superintendent Gearing visits with students at Whitestone ES, RBMS, LHS
- LISD students shine at 15th Battle of the Bluebonnets
- Leadership Cedar Park Celebrates Education Day with Leander ISD