While Peyton Johnson helped build a labyrinth in the Grandview Hill Elementary School courtyard, she is not lost. A fifth-grade student in the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) school in Austin, Peyton has embraced the school’s focus on mindfulness, leading students in meditation exercises and helping to create spaces for personal reflection and calmness through the school. Hear Peyton talk to Chief Communications Officer Corey Ryan in this interview, recorded on March 6, 2020, as part of our Student Voice podcast.
- The Compass: Dec. 6, 2023
- 2023–24 Academic Calendar Approved; 2024–25 Drafted
- LISD Releases 3rd Scenario in Elementary Attendance Zoning
- District Develops and Presents New Elementary Attendance Zoning Recommendation
- Board Briefs: Nov. 30, 2023
- 2022-23 Academic Calendar is set
- 2024-25 Academic Calendar Feedback Requested
Recent Instagram Posts
- LISD Superintendent Advocates for Public Schools
- Welcome Back, #1LISD!
- Congratulations, Class of 2023!
- Learning in Action: River Ridge Elementary
- Learning in Action: Faubion Elementary
- A Conversation Between LISD Board President & Superintendent About Repurposing Facilities
- Learning in Action: Bagdad Elementary