Next week we begin AP testing!
- If you will be taking all your exams, you do not need to take any action.
- If you are 100% positive you do not wish to take your exam(s) you can request a cancellation through your TotalRegistration.net login.
Please see https://support.totalregistration.net/hc/en-us/articles/206604947-Cancel-exam-registration.
Here are some things to know before coming on test day.
Before Test Day Preparation:
- Make sure you check your testing schedule in Total Registration. I will send you your test location prior to test day.
- Sleep well the night before and eat a good breakfast/lunch.
- Arrange transportation: For morning tests as the buses will NOT arrive in time for you to test. The afternoon test may exceed 4 pm for extended time testers and could cause you to miss the bus in the afternoon. You may plan to stay for the entire day, but will be required to go to classes before testing, or after testing concludes. Otherwise, if you have transportation, you may arrive for your test time only.
- When you arrive to campus, fill out the campus health screener form. Do not come to campus if you are not feeling well.
- Bring a Photo ID if you are not a Vista Ridge Student.
- Dress appropriately and comfortably (bring a jacket if you get cold in large air conditioned spaces)
- Leave your belongings in your vehicle if you drive to campus.
- You may bring hand sanitizer.
- Bring two sharpened #2 pencils (no mechanical), at least one ballpoint pen in blue or black ink. (No felt tip or sharpies allowed)
- You may bring a snack and water for your 10 minute break during testing.
- Bring an approved calculator for exams that allow a calculator. Check AP Test Calculator Policies
Test Day, What to Expect:
- Check in time for morning tests: 7:30 AM at your testing room.
- Check in time for afternoon tests: 11:45 PM at your testing room.
- Lunch will be served at 11:30 in the cafeteria for afternoon testers.
- A mask must be worn at all times while on campus.
- All snacks and drinks must remain at the back of the testing room and may only be consumed socially distanced in the hallway.
For Digital Testing, you will test during either ADMIN 2, or ADMIN 3. Please download the app from the software center and follow the steps required for preparing to test digitally.
- Step # 1- Download the testing application. Do this now on the computer that you plan on using for test day. Email your assistant principal, if you need to request to keep your school issued laptop during the summer for AP testing
- Step #2 – Practice digital questions
- Step #3 – Complete exam set-up 1 – 3 days prior to your exam. This must be done for each exam and students cannot test without completing this important step.
- Step #4 – Sign -in thirty minutes before the official start time of the exam. Start times in the central time zone are 10:30 a.m. or 2:30 p.m. Students testing in other time zones should plan accordingly. All exams start at the same time worldwide.